<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7918416\x26blogName\x3dCurtis\x27+Mission\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tonksmission.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tonksmission.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d730490735829953130', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Curtis' Mission

Monday, October 24, 2005

Jacked By A Car In Sao Paulo

"...but afterward they took me to the first hospital in Cumbica, a sub-city of Guarulhos, and they cut my pants off me..."

Several weeks ago I was contacted by the bishopric concerning an accident that involved Curtis. He was crossing the street and got hit by a car. He was turned into it and it kind of picked him up, but, luckily, he landed on his feet. His companion was not hit. The driver stopped the car, came over to help and when Curtis started yelling at him in English he got back in the car and left. Curtis was taken by an ambulance to a medical clinic and then transported to a large hospital in Sao Paulo. He spent the night in the hospital under observation. His companion was in contact with his mission president, President Urry, throughout the night. He was released the next day and spent the night at the home of the mission president's assistants. He was back to work the following day.

Curtis doesn't want to make a big deal about it. He says he wasn't hurt, just shook up a little. I called President Urry and was told that Curtis was fine and was taken to one of the best hospitals in South America. He told me how impressed he is with Curtis' attitude and said that Curtis is a great missionary. He talks to him on a weekly basis and told me not to worry. I feel much better knowing that Curtis is with people who care for him and watch over him.

  • Watch Curtis' Talk About It

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    HTML Counter